As a member of the Earn It! Keep It! Save It! Coalition in Contra Costa County, Brighter Beginnings’ Antioch Family Strengthening Center offers Volunteer Income Tax Preparation (VITA). Volunteers prepare FREE tax returns for low to moderate income families and individuals earning less than $53,000 a year. We want to ensure that families receive the tax refund they deserve!
Getting Certified to Prepare Taxes
Our Tax Preparation Training is FREE and takes approximately 20 hours to complete – all training materials are provided, and this training is required in order to become certified to prepare taxes. Volunteers then take a test to certify at the Basic or Advanced Level.
Where VITA Happens
Brighter Beginnings Antioch Buchanan Center
- Where: 2213 Buchanan Road, Suite 103 / Antioch, CA 94509
- When: Saturdays, 9am-3pm
- To volunteer, contact Grisel Reyes at (925) 252 – 2315 or email@example.com
VITA Volunteer Roles
- Tax Preparers (20 hour in-person training required for new volunteers, online training for returning volunteers)
- Reception Greeters (volunteer orientation and two hour training required)
- Language Translators (volunteer orientation and two hour training required)
Learn More: Earn It! Keep It! Save It! Volunteer Experience
New Volunteer Training Information
By being a VITA site volunteer, you will:
- Learn a valuable and useful skills: tax preparation, customer service, social work- Great for Resume and Job Training!
- IRS certification
- Regularly work with other like-minded volunteers interested in helping people too!
- Help families and individuals get their full tax refund
- See the immediate effects of your hard work – a family sees their refund amount and can’t stop smiling and thanking you!
- Have Fun!
Volunteers represent Brighter Beginnings to the public and must therefore adhere to the same standards of professionalism, courtesy, appropriateness, promptness, reliability and confidentiality that we expect of our employees.