HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practice: Our privacy practices regarding health and medical information under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”), are available below in both English and Spanish.
Any information you provide, including any personal information, will be transferred to and processed by a computer server located within the U.S.
Cookies and non-personal information
“Non-personal information” means information that does not permit us to specifically identify you by your full name or similar unique identifying information such as a social security number, member identification number, address or telephone number. Brighter Beginnings uses various technologies, which may include “cookie” technology, to gather non-personal information from our website visitors such as which pages are used and how often they are used, and to enable certain features on this website.
“Cookies” are small text files that may be placed on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies may include “single-session cookies” which generally record information during only a single visit to a website and then are erased, and “persistent” cookies which are generally stored on a computer unless or until they are deleted or are set to expire. Your computer may permit you to disable cookies and similar items by adjusting your browser preferences at any time; however, this may limit your ability to take advantage of all the features on this website.
We may also collect other forms of non-personal information such as what web browsers are used to read our website and what websites are referring traffic or linking to our website. Aggregate and de-identified data regarding website users is also considered non-personal information.
We may use and disclose non-personal information unless restricted by this policy or by law. Some examples of the ways we use non-personal information include:
- Marketing, product development
- Tracking resources and data accessed on the website
- Developing reports regarding site usage, activity, and statistics
- Assisting users experiencing website problems
- Enabling certain functions and tools on this website
- Tracking paths of visitors to this site and within this site.
Your personal information
“Personal information” means information that specifically identifies you as an individual, such as your full name, telephone number, e-mail address, postal address, or certain account numbers.
This website may include web pages that give you the opportunity to provide us with personal information about yourself. You do not have to provide us with personal information if you do not want to; however, that may limit your ability to use certain functions of this website or to request certain services or information.
We may use personal information for a number of purposes such as:
- To respond to an e-mail or particular request from you.
- To process an application as requested by you.
- To administer surveys and promotions.
- To provide you with information that we believe may be useful to you, such as information about services provided by us or other businesses.
- To perform analytics and to improve our products, websites, and advertising.
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations, and legal process.
- To protect someone’s health, safety, or welfare.
- To keep a record of our transactions and communications.
- As otherwise necessary or useful for us to conduct our business, so long as such use is permitted by law.
We may use personal information to contact you through any contact information you provide through this website, including any email address, telephone number, cell phone number, text message number, or fax number. We may share personal information within Brighter Beginnings.
Sharing personal information
We may share personal information in response to a court order, subpoena, search warrant, law or regulation. We may cooperate with law enforcement authorities in investigating and prosecuting activities that are illegal, violate our rules, or may be harmful to other visitors.
We may share personal information with other companies that we hire to perform services on our behalf or collaborate with. Similarly, we may hire companies to host or operate some of our websites and related computers and software applications.
Website and information security
We use a number of physical security (such as locks and alarm systems), electronic security (such as passwords and encryption methods), and procedural security methods (such as rules regarding the handling and use of information), designed to protect the security and integrity of information submitted through this website. Due to the nature of the Internet and online communications, however, we cannot guarantee that any information transmitted online will remain absolutely confidential, and we are not liable for the illegal acts of third parties such as criminal hackers.
Our online communication practices
We send electronic newsletters and other communications, such as marketing communications, on a periodic basis to various individuals and organizations. We may also send e-mail communications regarding topics such as Brighter Beginnings services and updates. We offer you appropriate consent mechanisms, such as opt-out, for marketing and certain other communications. As examples, you may click on the opt-out button associated with the specific e-mail communication or contact us as described below in the section “Contact Us.”
If you feel your privacy has been violated, you may use the following grievance procedure:
- Discuss the matter with staff about any concerns you have. However, you do not have to do this before filing a formal grievance with your service provider.
- If you want to file a grievance, you may use the Grievance Complaint Form.
- Further details on grievance procedures are available upon request by contacting the Privacy Officer at email@example.com or 1.877.427.7134
2648 International Blvd.
Oakland, CA 94601