Brighter Beginnings is a family-strengthening organization, working with our client-families to promote the five proven factors that make it possible for families to flourish.
- Parental resilience
- Social connections
- Knowledge of parenting and child development
- Concrete support in times of need
- Children’s social and emotional development
Family Strengthening is the framework we use for every aspect of our work. It is a deliberate process of giving parents the necessary opportunities, relationships, networks and support to raise healthy children, and thrive as a family unit. Most clients come to Brighter Beginnings in some sort of crisis, so we initially focus on assessing and meeting their immediate needs. Then, in short order, we move toward providing the guidance and education necessary to create and sustain a truly healthy family.
- Our family advocates work intently with families in the home to help them develop the emotional fortitude needed to deal with the challenges of their everyday lives We bring families together in therapeutic groups, workshops and social settings, where they can learn new skills while building a community of support
- We encourage teen moms to bond with their babies
- In addition to supplying emergency food and baby supplies, we embed financial literacy and goal-setting into every family intervention because financial stability directly effects one’s ability to raise happy, healthy children
- We actively reach out to teen and noncustodial fathers to teach and encourage them to father their children in healthy ways
- One-on-one counseling and group support helps parents understand the emotional support and stability their kids need…and the importance of monitoring their children’s physical, mental and emotional development