Adopt A Family
Our 2021 Annual Adopt-a-Family Gift Drive officially opened on November 5! Family profiles are now available until the end of November.
Last year, we were able to provide holiday gifts to 275 families in need with your help. 2021 continues to be a challenging time for the Brighter Beginnings’ families as well as the community at large due to the impacts of COVID-19. The need continues to be overwhelming this year, with many of our families losing their housing and jobs. We are hopeful we will continue to provide for these families through your generous donations.
How It Works
Through this ‘adoption’ process, low-income families are matched with a donor who purchases gift cards to provide seasonal gifts and necessities for the family. The donor drops the gift cards off at one of our centers in Alameda or Contra Costa County and we distribute the gift cards to the adopted family. Last year approximately 275 families and nearly 1,000 family members had their holiday wishes fulfilled. Here’s what you’ll need to do to participate:
1. Sign up through the Brighter Beginnings Adopt-a-Family website – all you need is an email address.
2. Once the program opens on November 5, 2021, choose a drop-off location from your account page.
3. Browse through the families available for adoption.
4. Click the ‘Adopt this Family’ button once you find the family you would like to adopt.
5. Complete the contact information form to finalize the adoption.
6. Click ‘Adopt’ to receive a confirmation email.
7. Purchase gift cards.
8. Drop your gift cards off at your chosen drop location on your scheduled date.
Drop Off Locations
Donors can drop off their gifts at the following locations. Drop off times are:
Dec 08, 10:00 am — 7:00 pm
Dec 11, 10:00 am — 5:00 pm
- Oakland Artthaus Center
2744 East 11th Street, Suite H01
Oakland, CA 94601
- Family Health Clinic Richmond
2727 Macdonald Avenue
Richmond, CA 94804
- Family Health Clinic Lone Tree – Antioch
3505 Lone Tree Way, Suite #1
Antioch, CA 94509
For Oakland/Alameda County families, please contact our Adopt-a-Family staff at email@example.com
For Contra Costa County families, please contact our Adopt-a-Family staff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the subject line AAF or Adopt-a-Family when you email questions to the staff.