Adopt A Family
Our 2020 Annual Adopt-a-Family Gift Drive is officially open! All Family profiles are now available.
Last year, we were able to provide holiday gifts to 275 families in need with your help. 2020 has been a particularly challenging time for the Brighter Beginnings’ families as well as the community at large. The need is especially great this year but we are hopeful we will continue to provide for these families through your generous donations.
For many of the families we work with, the holidays can be an especially trying time. Years ago, Brighter Beginnings developed its Adopt-a-Family program to help make the holidays a less stressful and more joyous time for families in need by connecting them to the generosity of our donors.
How It Works
Through this ‘adoption’ process, low-income families are matched with a donor who purchases gift cards to provide seasonal gifts and necessities for the family. The donor drops the gift cards off at one of our centers in Alameda or Contra Costa County and we distribute the gift cards to the adopted family. Last year approximately 275 families and nearly 1,000 family members had their holiday wishes fulfilled. Here’s what you’ll need to do to participate:
1. Sign up through the Brighter Beginnings Adopt-a-Family website – all you need is an email address.
2. Once the program opens on November 7, 2020, choose a drop-off location from your account page.
3. Browse through the families available for adoption.
4. Click the ‘Adopt this Family’ button once you find the family you would like to adopt.
5. Complete the contact information form to finalize the adoption.
6. Click ‘Adopt’ to receive a confirmation email.
7. Purchase gift cards.
8. Drop your gift cards off at your chosen drop location on your scheduled date.
Drop Off Locations
Donors can drop off their gifts at the following locations on December. 7th (Antioch) from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm, Dec. 9th (Richmond & Oakland) between 10:00 am and 7:00 pm, and Dec. 12th (All Locations) from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Oakland San Antonio Center
2595 International Blvd
Oakland, CA 94601
- Richmond MacDonald Center
2727 Macdonald Avenue
Richmond, CA 94804
- Antioch First 5 Center
512 West Fifth Street Antioch
Antioch, CA 94509
Contact our Adopt-a-Family staff at firstname.lastname@example.org